Translate

Friday, November 11, 2011

How to get address bar appear again in Android 3.2 tablet browser?

Recently, I was testing one app on Motorola Xoom Android 3.2 (Honeycomb) tablet. I noticed address bar from top of the screen disappeared. I was unable to enter new URL and navigate to it. After bit of investigation, I found out that there is a hidden menu in android browser which appears if you hold the finger of the screen on left or right side then one semi circular menu appears which shows all the browser menu options like refresh, bookmarks, setting, etc.. 

If you still need address bar on top of the screen all the time then just restart you tablet. That fixed the issue for me.

I am still not sure what caused my address bar to disappear in first place but at least I have a work around now. Please tell me what you think about the post or if you have anything else to add.

References:
http://www.xoomforums.com/forum/new-member-introduction-site-assistance/571-igoogle-browser-issues.html

No comments:

Post a Comment